Congratulations! Your vehicle has been sold to Get400More.com! We thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Well that was easy… but now what?
Here are a few steps to take after successfully selling your used car.
Step 1: Transfer (or return) your license plate.
If you have a new vehicle or are planning to purchase one, you’ll need to transfer your plates.
Transferring involves a current inspection on your new car, an active insurance policy on both, and a small fee.
Per the NC DMV website:
1. Maintain on both vehicles liability insurance from a provider licensed to do business in North Carolina.
2. The vehicle to which the license plate is being transferred must have a current inspection.
3. The license plate being transferred must be valid.
4. The name on the applicant’s license and the vehicle title must match.
5. Prove the vehicle is covered under liability insurance from a North Carolina-licensed provider.– Official NCDMV: Transferring Plates To Another Vehicle
If you don’t plan to transfer your current plate, you can return it by either visiting your local DMV, or mailing the plate to the address below:
NCDMV Vehicle Registration Section
Renewal Title & Plate Unit
3148 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27697-3148
Step 2: Cancel (or transfer) your car insurance.
No matter what, you’ll need to remove the insurance policy on your old car. You can do this either by transferring your policy to a new car, or by cancelling the policy outright.
Most insurance companies allow you to transfer an existing policy to a new vehicle. Start by calling your insurance agent to find out what your options are. Be sure to comply with your specific insurance company’s rules and regulations.
NOTE: This step must be completed AFTER turning in your NC license plate or a penalization fee could be issued.
Step 3: Leave Get400More.com a 5-star review!
We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service. If you’re happy with your experience, please leave a 5-star review!
Be sure to like and follow our Facebook page to stay up to date. Or reach out on any of our other social profiles. We’d love to hear from you!
Know anyone who wants to get more for their vehicle? Or have any questions or concerns?
Call us any time at 1-844-400-MORE.
We look forward to hearing from you. And again, thank you for your business!